Professional truck drivers are involved in fewer collisions than other motorists, but collisions involving trucks are far more deadly and costly. The National Safety Council Professional Truck Driver Training (PTD) gives truck drivers defensive driving techniques that help them avoid collisions and violations. Like our other NSC Defensive Driving courses, it focuses on personal responsibility and the consequences of the driving decisions we make.
PTD is written exclusively for professional truck drivers by professional truck drivers. The goal of the Professional Truck Driver course is to train drivers in collision prevention techniques while promoting an attitude of mutual understanding, courtesy and cooperation on the road.
- Pre-start safety inspections.
- The most common causes of truck related collisions
- The DDC Collision Prevention Formula
- The unique challenges of driving large vehicles
- Protecting the motoring public and personal safety
- Dealing with uncontrollable driving conditions and hazards
- And much more
- Truck Drivers
- Fleet Managers / Supervisors
The course is completed in 1 day
On successful completion of this course participants will receive a Certificate from the National Safety Council. It is recommended that this certificate be renewed every 3 years.