Risk Assessment training is an important step in protecting your workers and your business, as well as complying with the law. It helps you focus on the risks that really matter in your workplace – the ones with the potential to cause harm. Risk assessment training is simply a careful examination of what, in your work, could cause harm to people, so that you can weigh up whether you have taken enough precautions or should do more to prevent harm. Workers and others have a right to be protected from harm caused by a failure to take reasonable control measures.
This training will benefit managers and others who are responsible for conducting or reviewing risk assessments and implementing identified control measures for all activities in their workplace.
- Principles of risk assessment
- Legislation governing risk assessments
- Employers' legal obligations
- Identification of hazards and risk
- Evaluating and calculating risk
- Recording and reviewing assessments
- Understanding documentation and terminology
- Practical risk assessments
- Risk assessment registers
- Hierarchy of control
- Selection of control measures
- Special risk areas
The course is completed in 2 days
- All levels of management
- Safety practitioners
- Safety committee members
- Field officers
- Administrative staff
On successful completion of this course participants will receive a National Association of Safety Professionals Certificate and Card. It is recommended that this certificate be renewed every 3 years.