The National Safety Council First Aid, CPR, and AED program is designed for easy appreciation of the material and includes power point presentations, videos, live demonstrations and practical sessions to develop “hands on” skills.
The course includes both theory and practical sessions of First Aid, CPR, and AED. Individuals will be provided with the skills and knowledge needed to effectively administer First Aid, CPR, and AED techniques. Attending and participating in the course gives the individual the technical information that is needed to confidently administer First Aid, CPR, and AED techniques.
- Bandaging and Splinting
- Sling and Swathe
- Upper and Lower Extremities Fracture Control
- First Aid for Cuts and Bruises
- Bites and Stings
- CPR and Circulation
- Breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults, infants and children
- Identifying and caring for bleeding, sudden illnesses, and injuries
- Preventing disease transmission
- Includes an introduction to AEDs
The course is completed in 1 or 2 days
- Emergency response teams
- Safety Personnel
- Law enforcement professionals
- Teachers and clerical staff
- Health Care providers
- Athletics trainers
- Airline employees
- Life guards
On successful completion of this course participants will receive a Certificate and Card from the National Safety Council. It is recommended that this certificate be renewed every 3 years.