Effective Accident Investigation is not only a moral and legal duty; it also represents sound commercial sense, as identifying and addressing the root causes of accidents. A thorough investigation of an accident is also a positive visible demonstration of your commitment to safety.
- What is an accident
- Recording the facts
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Investigation Report
- Employ effective investigation and interview techniques.
- Analyze accidents to identify "true" root causes.
- Describe human relations issues affecting accident reporting.
- Participants examine:
- Incidents to investigate
- On-Site investigation
- Data to include in investigation
- Witness interview techniques
- Post action; hazard control measures and follow up
The course is completed in 1-2 days
- All levels of management
- Safety practitioners
- Safety committee members
- Security Personnel
- Individuals responsible for investigating accidents (incidents)
On successful completion of this course participants will receive a National Association of Safety Professionals Certificate and Card. It is recommended that this certificate be renewed every 3 years.